○ Garden Beds – https://eartheasy.com
○ Water Timer – https://bit.ly/3sSaa85
○ Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade – https://bit.ly/3wl1nhf
○ Plant Labels – https://bit.ly/3fCzFGN
Okay so here’s a full breakdown of what we did to build a backyard vegetable garden!
○ Seven (7) 4×6 posts that are 8 feet tall
○ Dug about 2 feet post holes so when standing tall, the fence is about 6 feet
○ 4 feet x 100 feet wire fencing – https://bit.ly/3dztyQJ
○ Then we added 2 wires to the top so deer can’t jump over the 4 foot wire fencing
○ Four (4) 1×4 wood board cut to the sizes we needed to make the gate!
○ Then we used the wiring from the fence and added it to the center.
○ To attach it, we used a gate hinge kit from Home Depot. Sadly I can’t find it online but they are easy to find in stores or probably on Amazon!
○ Two (2) U shaped garden beds that are 3′ wide, 6′ leg length, 10′ back length, 16.5” height, no trim package – https://eartheasy.com/natural-cedar-u-shaped-raised-garden-beds/
○ One 3′ wide, 6′ length, 16.5″ height, no trim package – https://eartheasy.com/natural-cedar-raised-garden-beds/
○ Okay this part gets a little tricky but honestly wasn’t too difficult!
○ We measured the area we would need to lay PVC and then bought the appropriate length as well as fittings.
○ And then there are 3 soaker hoses (1 per bed) so I have a drip irrigation system.
I found soil at a local landscaping company (https://www.coshattsod.com Bo’s Gold is what I got) and had 6 yards delivered. It would have been over 80 bags if I decided to get it at a Home Depot / Lowes, so I found a place to deliver it to limit that waste! The blend I got was already mixed with compost and aeration so I didn’t do the lasagna strategy that is commonly recommended. But just see what you can get and possible mix your own if you need to 🤗
COME SAY HEY:
Main Channel – https://youtube.com/cathrinmanning/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/cathrin_manning/
SHOP MY PRODUCTS! – https://shopcathrinmanning.com
PO Box 100639
Birmingham, AL 35210
○ Canon M50 – http://bit.ly/2TkSQJC
○ Wide angle lens – https://bit.ly/3aQhXJE
○ Microphone – http://bit.ly/32P3bRm
○ SD card – http://bit.ly/39m6Ok4
○ Vlogging tripod – https://bit.ly/2V0yPrm
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links provided, I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you!
Cathrin Manning vlogs.