I took my current plot back in 2015 and that first year I started to work it alongside my old plot. YES, I used to have another plot. You’ll get to see it in this video too.
I started slowly by suppressing weeds with polythene — thick black plastic that’s reusable and essential as part of our allotment association’s plot maintenance. You can get here:
That first year I peeled it back gradually and planted a few things. It was only in the second and third years that my new vegetable garden starting taking shape. I built small raised beds, created wood chip paths, installed a blackberry trellis, and built a garden pond. I also converted my gardening space into a no-dig garden. Gradually the plot evolved to what it is today.
Work still continues, especially with the new half-plot and home garden. If you’re interested in seeing those spaces transform, follow their progress this year.
Interested in how I make videos? Here’s my essential equipment*
Main camera https://amzn.to/2HHa3bp
Main camera lens https://amzn.to/2UUlbF7
Secondary camera https://amzn.to/2YgcUgC
Secondary camera tripod https://amzn.to/2JGxDqE
*Lovely Greens is a participant in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Basically I make a small commission if you end up making a purchase. Thank you for your support.
1. If you enjoyed this video please give it a thumbs up and subscribe over here: https://www.youtube.com/user/lovelygreenstv?sub_confirmation=1
2. Remember to TURN ON notifications to know when new videos are out
3. Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter: https://www.subscribepage.com/lovelygreens
4. Have a question or comment? Please leave them below — I love to hear from you!
5. Support Lovely Greens https://paypal.me/lovelygreens — thank you so much for helping make Lovely Greens happen.
ABOUT LOVELY GREENS
#backyardgardening #allotment #vegetablegarden